Thought I’d share with you the finished print going off to raise funds for the charity Air Ambulance.
The Vincent motorbike lino cut has been placed over a gelliplate which includes an array of leaves and I’ve added a wash of coffee for the road and a bit of gold to bring out the logo.
This lino cut was made to raise funds for Air Ambulance. There is a large group of bikers who meet once a month and it’s their final meet of the season tomorrow. One of my limited edition prints from the lino will be sold off for the charity. Last time I auctioned one of my dot drawings of a motorcycle and it was bought by a motorcycle store.
Once the sketched outline was drawn onto the lino, I chose one of the smallest cutting tools and used this until the design was how I wanted it, then I removed some of the excess lino around the bike using a larger cutter.
After using a plain black block printing ink, I played around with different backgrounds, including leaves from the garden onto the gelliplate.