Hi there. Hope you’re all well. Haven’t posted on WordPress for a while but I’m still adding to my portfolio of work.
Yesterday saw the launch of a range of my art on a variety of products from mugs and phone cases to leggings and greeting cards! Why not take a look and see if there’s something there for you – perhaps a unique throw cushion or a scarf. I will be uploading a few more images over the next few days, but it’s so nice to think that others will be able to enjoy some lovely creations I made with lino, on the gelliplate and while doodling highly patterned nature designs.
Best wishes to you all xx
The above print on recycled fabric was created by cutting an image in industrial lino (I had some offcuts) and then printing a texture using corn on the cob. Sweet corn is fun to use as it makes a perfect shape for rolling in the ink without getting too messy! I turned the design into a cushion cover with ties down the right hand side using small pieces of ribbon 🙂
Hi all 🙂
I haven’t posted for a while; there are many reasons for this, including working full time and ferrying kids about, going on holiday where there was no WiFi and yet, I’ve still been busy creating! So what have you guys been up to?
I recently purchased a marbling kit, but didn’t read the instructions passed the part where it informs you how to mix the floater solution. I made my solution up and cleaned out a 2 litre bottle to store it in, left it overnight and then transferred some into a smaller rectangular dish. Pippets allow you to add ink to the top of the solution in small droplets, but I didn’t read the fact that you’re supposed to dilute the ink – oops. Problem: the ink, if it’s not diluted just plops straight through the floater and onto the bottom rather th an ‘floating’. It also didn’t spread like it was supposed to because it was too thick. To solve this problem, I worked quickly and managed several fairly successful prints … Until my OH came along and thought the best way to solve the problem was by stirring the solution. It’s now one big murky mess like you get when you paint and mix all the colours together.
The ten hares have been sketched onto the marble prints, which are 2 x 3 inches (ATC size) using Derwent fine liners which I picked up recently for an international project.. Love these pens. I’ve got quite a collection now of different sizes , but my favourite is a 0.1 as you can do really fine details, especially on these small pieces of watercolour card.
As you can see from the photograph – the marbling can be done on most surfaces, including clothes pegs, but be warned … The cat might just get in the way!