Hi there. Hope you’re all well. Haven’t posted on WordPress for a while but I’m still adding to my portfolio of work.
Yesterday saw the launch of a range of my art on a variety of products from mugs and phone cases to leggings and greeting cards! Why not take a look and see if there’s something there for you – perhaps a unique throw cushion or a scarf. I will be uploading a few more images over the next few days, but it’s so nice to think that others will be able to enjoy some lovely creations I made with lino, on the gelliplate and while doodling highly patterned nature designs.
Best wishes to you all xx
The above print on recycled fabric was created by cutting an image in industrial lino (I had some offcuts) and then printing a texture using corn on the cob. Sweet corn is fun to use as it makes a perfect shape for rolling in the ink without getting too messy! I turned the design into a cushion cover with ties down the right hand side using small pieces of ribbon 🙂
Congratulations British Chick Across the Pond; your name was selected by the random name selector to win a limited edition print. Sophie, aka British
Chick is not only a WordPress blogger, but entered my competition giveaway on Facebook.
Thanks to everyone who entered. 🙂 it was exciting as I had no idea who’d win!
Meanwhile, here is another of my handcut printing blocks: an everyday, easily accessible eraser carved ready for my Christmas gift tags and a silk tie I printed using it last night 🙂
This was a little experiment which seems to have worked out well and it’s another print inspired by the aquarium we visited over the weekend.
Hope you’re all looking forward to Friday when I showcase my free giveaway on this blog as part of the October Gelli Blog Hop 🙂
Currently working on a series of prints for a book. Here is one of them – a magpie which I first quickly sketched in charcoal
Then I draw a simpler shape of the magpie to mask out the paint from the gelli, ready for me to draw in the detail as shown above.
Thought I’d share with you the finished print going off to raise funds for the charity Air Ambulance.
The Vincent motorbike lino cut has been placed over a gelliplate which includes an array of leaves and I’ve added a wash of coffee for the road and a bit of gold to bring out the logo.
While out and about in Shropshire, I came across a shop selling plaster goodies which had been set and pulled from a number of moulds. Unfortunately one broke on the journey home – a kingfisher, which my daughter was going to paint.
My OH repaired the broken plaster bird, so hoping my daughter will still paint it later.
The rose survived and I wondered how it would work on the gelliplate.
I mixed using the plaster rose with leather scraps from a shoe and leaves from my garden. Pleased with the results 🙂